Victory Dance

God gives you life to win!
Movement, steps, melody, rhythm...
Fell down you? Get up and start again!
Do not wait  outstretched hand for your.

Marina Hotko

 

For the first time with a 3D print, I met at the end of the last century. Then it was called stereolithography, the equipment was comparable in size and cost to multi-axis milling machines, the room be a decent size, and the price for manufacturing the parts I needed was several times higher than with traditional methods. In general, it was very interesting, but not suitable for my tasks.

In 2015, I discovered the possibilities of FDM / FFF 3D printers when I was lookingthe technology for single-piece and limited production of accessorys for hand-held power tools.

To having production directly on the desktop or in the next room, quickly and at low cost materialize my ideas, to produce small series at reasonable costs - this is something I have always lacked.

After studying the offers available on the market, I decided to make my 3D printer based on the popular design, and I ordered parts on "Ali". I quickly assembled his first delta-bot and, after the elimination of childhood diseases, he earned!

The first enthusiasm was replaced by the first disappointments, especially when printing more or less complex and accurate details. I tried to get around the problem by changing the design of the parts, adding various elements to be removed after printing. It helped, but not always. It became obvious - in order to achieve the goal for which  was do in 3D-printing, it is necessary to improve the printer, at the same time teach it to combine two materials in one print and work with nozzles with a diameter from 0.2 mm to 1.0 mm.

For many hours I watched the print breakdowns occur, searched for reasons, built hypotheses, put experiments, tried various designs of the filament feeding mechanism, thermal barrier, thermal block, blower parts. In the end I had to redo everything. But the result was worth it, my new printer worked as it should. The problems of stratification, shearing of printed layers and stopping the feeding of the filament are gone. A pleasant surprise was a noticeable improvement in the quality of printing  on the supports with one material.

This effect is very interested. I started trying to print models that I never dreamed of before. But there were still elements that could not be stably printed. I continued research and experiments, again redid a lot. In the end it turned out. Victory Dance!

Printing result:

The default printing speed is 40 mm / s.

The outer perimeters speed is 20 mm / s.

Printing temperature 240 degrees C.

Material: uncolored ABS from #DASplast

Plastic consumption 83 grams.

Printing time 14 hours.

Figure immediately after removing the supports.

Supports were removed in 20 minutes. It is seen that the damage to the surface is minor and can easily be repaired with postprocessing.

Figure after puttying, grinding and polishing.

10 ... 20% solution of ABS in ethyl acetate was used for puttying and polishing.

The joint of the model with the stand is reinforced with a pin of rigid steel wire 1 mm in diameter. For its (the rigid steel wire pin) installation, while printing, have been made channels within the figure and stand.

Final result:

Model: VictoryDance

Author: 3DLadnik

3D printer: LAD-1.0

Nozzle: 0.3 mm

Layer: 100 microns

Figure height: 212 mm

Figure height with stand: 334 mm

  • White Vkontakte Icon
  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White Pinterest Icon
  • White Instagram Icon

© 2018 3DLadnik. Сайт создан на Wix.com

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now